Saturday, November 5, 2011

A Very Special Day

My sweet niece Leila was baptized today! She looked so beautiful and happy! It was a really neat experience to be there with her and our family! Even more special for me was the fact that my son Jacob was able to baptize her and my husband Richard was able to confirm her a member of the church. Jacob had been looking forward to this for a long time! Leila and Jacob looked so sweet together all dressed in white. If either one was nervous, it did not show! As I listened to Jacob I was reminded of the bond my sister and I share! My little boy was baptizing her little girl! It was sweet and the spirit was very strong! After he baptized her, Jacob gave her a hug. What a beautiful experience for each of them! After the confirmation we went to Megan's friend's house for dinner of soup and rolls. It was fun to visit with these people who are such a huge part of Megan's life. She surrounds herself with people who would do anything for her and I know this is because she offers the very same and more to them! I am so grateful for these tender experiences, the reminder of the covenants we have made with our heavenly father, and the sacrifice our savior made for each one of us.

No comments: