Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day Two Madness!

After our first day theme parking, many of us ended up with blisters on our toes! It seems to be genetic! Tuesday morning we wrapped our toes and headed back out! While leaving the hotel, my graceful self took a step off a curb that did not look like it was there! I rolled my ankle and heard/felt a ripping....OUCH. I hopped around a few minutes and tried to walk it off. The shuttle arrived shortly after and we were off again! We first went to California and hit the Grizzly River Rapids, maybe not the best choice for first thing in the morning, we got SOAKED! But it was still tons of fun! Next we went to the Wilderness Explorers area inspired by the movie UP. There were patches for the kids to earn and when they finished they became honorary Wilderness Explorers! They got to meet Russell too! Joseph really took to the rock climbing! Next we headed for Paradise Pier and rode MANY fun fun rides! My very own Verizon Bars! A couple years ago when we first started talking about going to DL, I asked the littles what they were most excited about. They both stated the giant lollipops! As I recall that was a big hit with the older kids when we went for the first time with them! For lunch we headed to Downtown Disney and went to the Rainforest Cafe. What an AWESOME place to visit! The food was great and the atmosphere was just as perfect! Joseph kept begging to go back! Isn't she beautiful!?! I adore this girl!! Joseph makes a friend!! Check out the dessert in the middle of our table! It is called the Volcano, and it was huge and oh so good! All of us 16 and older shared one and the littles got their own, Joseph's had worms crawling out of it! Too cute! We returned home late and I took off my shoes and my ankle swelled up huge. The following morning Richard took me to an Urgent care for xrays. It was determined I sprained it pretty bad. I was told to stay off of it and given crutches. I was so worried that I was going to ruin the rest of our trip. I told Richard I was going to stay at the resort on Wednesday so I would not slow them down, but he refused to hear of it. The next three days we rented a wheelchair and Richard pushed me around everywhere we went! What a guy! He made sure I had fun and it worked to our benefit. We got to go in the exit at most of the Disneyland rides and got on really quickly!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

I love your photos! Sounds like a fun time!