Monday, September 26, 2011

A California Beach!!!

We all slept well our first night in California! It felt so good to get settled in! We knew we did not want to go to the theme parks on the weekend, so on Sunday we drove a half hour to Huntington beach and had a WONDERFUL time enjoying the California Coast! I am so grateful to my husband who knows the area so well and drives us safely and confidently anywhere we need to go! He chose this beach beautifully! There was a Polynesian band playing and surfers out on the waves, it was perfect weather!! I knew I wanted to take the kids to a California beach, they have never experienced a beach where you don't have to wait for your feet to numb up before the fun begins! The water was not warm, but it was not freezing and our Oregon feet adjusted very quickly. In fact, it felt great!

As we got to the beach I got on a jumping picture kick and the kids soon joined in willingly! I love these photos! My kids are so great!

I don't remember asking them to be super silly, but the next couple of photos surprised me when I was reviewing them! I don't know what they were all up to, but they were having fun!

There was a surfer who had a big kite hooked up to his board and he surfed up and down the beach over and over while we were there. He'd turn his kite and head the other way, it was fun to watch!

After some fun in the sun, Adrienne got into the jump pics and even Richard joined in!


Next we decided to walk out on the pier! We watched the sun set and explored some shops!
Joseph got photo shy and refused to be in any more photos. But hey, who is in charge here? I won-he is in the photos, he won-he is NOT smiling! It was a win-win situation! What is funny to me is that once we got to Disneyland he was begging me to take his photos and I don't think I could have paid him to stop smiling! We got back and a&j fell quickly to sleep! Shortly after that Disneyland decided to put on another Fireworks show just for us! Turns out they did the same on our last night there too! Wow, we felt so special!

No comments: