Saturday, June 11, 2011

A Whale of a Tale....OK, it was just a trout...

Today I spent a magical day with my family! I have the most wonderful children in the world and my husband is a keeper too! In May as I was going through the Parks and Rec Summer activity book I came across an activity that was too good to pass up! Free family fishing day at Hagg Lake. Annalina has been asking for a fishing experience for a long time, but it was not something in the budget until yesterday! I signed our family up and then noticed that check in time was 6:30...in the morning...on a Saturday! Jacob was not sure he wanted to join us, too early for his teenage blood, but he made the right choice and even Adrienne came along!!! We had a great time with the whole family there!

Richard caught a fish early on and he was quickly named Bob. We put him in a bucket of Lake water so he would stay fresh longer. The kids took turns petting him and comforting him. That is when the attachment started. When I asked Richard how a trout is fixed, Annalina got very upset and cried! A little later Annalina headed back over to check on him and he was belly up, poor guy! Annalina was so sad! Later Richard took Joseph along to the fish cleaning station. I was glad Annalina was not there! We put the fish, minus his head and guts, on ice and from then on Annalina seemed to accept he would be our dinner. And she got back to trying to catch her own fish!

It was a perfect morning for fishing! Cloudy, but not cold and a light breeze. We set up at a picnic table right next to the water! Joseph cast his hook into a bush out in the lake and I had to wade in to get it unstuck. My capris were wet, but I was still not cold! Everything was provided for us, poles, weights, bait, worms, buckets, and even a person to clean the fish for us! There were tables full of food and drinks. In the morning they served Starbucks hot chocolate and doughnuts, bagels, muffins, etc. Lunch was hot dogs & burgers, chips, salad, and they even served ice cream! The kids got visors and toys! It was an amazing experience and we will surely go again next year! Care to join us??


Bob the fish!

Adrienne showing off her stylish casting skills!
Feeling better about Bob!!
Jacob came for the food!

Joseph, in Jacob's hat and Adrienne's sun glasses!

Jake also came for the nap!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

You guys crack me up-- only the Loomis's would name a fish they plan to eat later... sweet poor Annalina....