Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

Today Richard and I celebrated our eleventh year of marriage! We have had many ups and downs, we have suffered loss and found great joy. It has not been easy and there have been times when I questioned whether we could go forward. But I can honestly say there is no one else I'd rather be on this journey with. He is my best friend and biggest supporter. I am more in love with him today than I was eleven years ago when we married. And I am so very grateful to be able to say that! I love you Richard! May the next eleven years bring peace and happiness to our family!!

In April the Elders Quorum hosted a Saturday of learning to cook. A real trained chef ran the class and my dear husband was one of seven men who attended in order to be able to make a nice mother's day meal. Well I was spoiled on Mothers day. Not only did he make an amazing five course meal for dinner, he prepared mushroom fettucini alfredo right after church for lunch. Dinner was fabulous steaks, garlic mashed potatos, delicious BBQ'd bread, a yummy tomato and cheese salad. It was great and I felt like a queen! For our anniversary, he once again pulled out all the stops and made terriyaki salmon that was so very good! I may have to turn over the Sunday cooking to him! It is obvious he payed close attention in his cooking class!

I told Joseph, our six year old, that we were married eleven years ago today and he said, "so you were married in two thousand and zero?" He has a very analytical mind, thinks hard about everything and asks lots of questions. It is fun to watch his mind ticking away at something!

No comments: