Monday, April 4, 2011

The Adventures of Amy The Spoiled!!


I was able to go with Richard on a business trip in March, in fact the week before Spring Break. I scheduled my finals early so I could be ready for the getaway! Richard has been spending a lot of time north of Seattle lately working on a big project at Tek's sister company Fluke. It was only supposed to be one week, but ended up stretching out to 10 days. We left Adrienne in charge and things went smoothly at home! I am so grateful for her patience with the kids and her desire to run the household! I enjoyed lazy days sleeping in, watching huge planes land and take off, having my bed made for me EVERY SINGLE DAY, swimming in the hotel pool which I always had to myself and reading, reading, reading! In the evenings Richard and I went out to dinner. I had purchased some restaurant.com certificates and Tek picked up his part of the bill, so it was really inexpensive! We went to the movies THREE times, and toured the Boeing Flight Museum. It was a fun week and a half! It was also neat to see Richard in charge and taking care of things. This was HUGE project that he was responsible for and he worked very hard to make it happen smoothly!

This was the view from our room, which you might think was annoying, but I loved hearing and watching these huge airplanes take off! Very exciting!

As a family, we LOVE to travel together. We have many great memories of long vacations as well as short last minute getaways. Travel is not something we have been able to do over the past couple years due to financial issues. Well I had the chance to book us a room in Depoe Bay for a couple of nights and the money was actually in our account, and since Richard has been working 60 hour weeks and has been on call 24/7 forever, we decided he could use a getaway! The older kids both decided not to miss any school, so Richard and I took little a&j to the beach! Yay! We got there Thursday afternoon and went to dinner and got settled in. The next day we went to the beach area and played in the windy cold ocean! The kids loved it and I had a lot of fun watching them run around in just their suits. They claimed to be warm enough though! The tide was coming in and we were up on a peak of sand and the water came up around us, but we stayed dry. It was a fun day! Later I took the kids swimming while Richard napped. I had not planned to get in with them, but could not resist! They are little fishies and I had so much fun with them! We had the pool to ourselves, it was great! That night Annalina woke up with a stomach ache and threw up most of the night. My poor little girl, bless her, she is finally old enough to get to the bathroom and did not need my help, but I did sleep in her room with her just in case. I worried about trying to drive home with her the next day. Richard went down to the office and asked if they had any cancellations, but we were told to check online. Of course, being a Saturday night there was nothing available. But a few minutes later the front desk called to let us know another family had left early and their 2 bedroom was available. We moved two doors down and spent a nice quiet day watching the ocean. Annalina rested and recovered. At one point Richard was called to work and when he came back from the Rec Center where he had hooked up his laptop, he brought back a clown...yes, a CLOWN! The resort had brought him in to do a show, but only two kids showed up. When he was done, Richard was talking to him and mentioned sick Annalina, so he came on over and did a wonderful magic show for the kids who LOVED it! Even with the sickness and Richard getting called to work, it was a nice weekend and we were grateful that we had the funds and the time to get away! Next time we hope to take big A&J too!

No comments: