Wednesday, May 26, 2010

On to Kindergarten

My youngest graduated from Preschool today. I had the pleasure to attending Joseph's end of year program. All I can say is I love, love, love that boy! Although, if that were truly all I could say, this would be a short blog entry. Each year the teachers make the kids a scrapbook of photos from the year. Joseph is very proud of his and has shown it to everyone who will sit long enough with him to look at it, I think perhaps even the dog has seen it. After all the singing and fun, there was a carnival with games and crafts and of course, riding on the ever popular trikes and scooters! At one point, while doing the cookie walk, Joseph got hit in the head by a friend who was behind him, intentionally. Apparently he was not walking fast enough or something. I did not see this happen, but he came running to me in tears. I held him as he sobbed uncontrollably. When he calmed down he told me what happened. He was not crying from pain, but was just so sad his friend would hurt him like that. My little boy is growing up, but he still came to me and let me hold him. I hate for him to be sad, but I love that there are still times when it is me and only me who can comfort him. This is what being a mother is all about! I just love the way he points directly at me at the end of this song! That's my boy! Joseph and Mrs. DeWhitt, we adore this lady!! The Four J's! Joseph H, Joseph L, Teacher Joseph & Jake At the end of the program, she asked each child what they wanted to be when they grow up. The kids have a tendency to copy each other, so there will be about 6 horse keepers out of this group! Another 5 army men, 3 vets and about 4 mom's. Yay!

No comments: