Thursday, February 11, 2010

Psych215

I am taking Psychology 215 this term. After the stress and fast pace of Anatomy and Physiology, I am thoroughly enjoying this class! Well, I don't love that is is a 4 hour class. But it is nice to only have to worry about one day a week. Richard comes home early on Wednesdays and does his best to continue his work from here, while keeping track of Joseph and then Annalina a couple of hours later.

We are learning such fascinating stuff about the development of children and how we can help our children as they grow and I really wish this kind of class was mandatory for all parents. Anyway, yesterday we were talking about middle childhood and so the teacher asked me to bring Annalina in so everyone could observe her. Only about 4 of us in the class have kids. So at 3:30 Richard brought her to me and she drew pictures and talked about the things she likes and her friends and activities she does. It was fun. Afterward I got her a treat from the vending machine and we drove to the top of the parking structure and checked out the view. My kids are growing up. Sometimes I feel sad. Joseph is my snuggly guy and even he seems to be outgrowing the need to snuggle with me on a regular basis.

No comments: