Thursday, February 11, 2010

New Beginings

Richard and I spoke in Sacrament meeting a couple of weeks ago. It was actually kind of fun. In the past I have talked myself into not being nervous by telling myself that these are the people I love-my ward family, why wouldn't I want to share with them the great information I have found! Well, we know very few people so far, but I just know we will grow to love these people!

My talk was based on Elder Bednar's General Conference Talk "Nothing Shall Offend Them". A great topic that I really learned a lot from. No one can offend us, but we can choose to take offense from things others say or we can choose to let it go. Richard spoke on the importance of the one and how we need to be concerned about those who fall away due to being offended, or just weary. I have to say over the last few months since we moved I was thinking how nice a break from everything would be! It has been nice not to have to worry about a calling. My husband was extended the calling of ward mission leader. Wow, no way I will be able to take a break(not that I really wanted to). He will have Sunday's full of meetings and will be working closely with the missionaries. I am excited to support him in any way I can including going to Gospel Principles with him each Sunday. He is feeling overwhelmed, but I know he will do great! I am so proud of his willingness to serve the Lord in whatever capacity he is needed. He is an inspiration to me and I love him so much!

1 comment:

lindaharper said...

That's some great thoughts from your talk and great that you are integrated into the new ward. You will be richly blessed!