Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dinner Conversation...

My kids crack me up. I realize I tell lots of stories about them, many of which I find hysterical. I also understand that not all may see the humor of my kids, but my main reason for creating this blog is a history for myself and my children. I KNOW that I tend to forget things just hours after laughing so hard over them that milk comes out my nose. I have already enjoyed going back to May and June of last year to read what we were doing and what antics the kids were up to. For me, this is my reason for blogging. Oh, and to keep relatives far and away up to date on our family. Yes, I said FAR away! If you are within driving distance, then we really should keep up with each other in person rather than relying on blogs, but that is something I need to work on as well!

Tonight at the dinner table Joseph said he was finished eating, this is what came next...

Me: Joseph, you haven't eaten much of your dinner. You need to eat five more bites.

Joseph: I'm all full up Mom!!

Me: You need to eat five more bites, then you can clear your spot. Here, I will help you count. Good, that's one bite, and that's two bites...

Joseph: No, no I want to count by myself, stop counting.

Me: Fine, go ahead and count for yourself, you can start at three.

Joseph: No, I want to count all by myself.

Me: FINE, then eat five more bites if you want to!!! (Sounds a bit like reverse psychology doesn't it? No this is purely Joseph psychology)

Joseph: One....Two...Three... Is this a piece of chicken Mom?

Me: Yes Joseph, that is chicken.

Joseph: OH, One...Two...Three...Four...Hey, it's all gone, I can't count to five!

Me: Good, you finished your dinner, you can clear your plate now.

And he did clear his plate, happily and then he ran off to play. How did five bites turn into his entire meal being gone? Well, now that is the question. Could I maneuver this kind of situation again? Most likely not! KIDS!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

That cracks me up-- so glad you have it recorded! I think you must be the most intelligent mom out there to pull that one off.