Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Are we there yet?

Well the chemo treatment is over. I want to jump back into life and thrive! But the miserable effects of treatment are not over yet. I find myself mildly frustrated that sleep is what I need, and a deep understanding that the things that are most important to me can wait, just a bit longer while my body heals. This means lots of rest and a respect for what my poor body has survived, from this cancer diagnosis, and accompanying surgeries and treatments, to back last year when I lost my husband. My mind, body and heart have been through so much. But I know without a doubt I will come out of this a stronger, more compassionate person. And for this I am so grateful! Over the years I have learned from so many of you how to really be there for someone. I love you my friends. I am here for you if you need me.

No comments: