Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rexburg Airshow

I am from the land of amazing airshows.  I volunteered at the Hillsboro Airshow for many years in my youth.  I have attended many and have always loved a good air show.  Well, every two years Rexburg hosts a free airshow for the community. In fact, the day we moved here two years ago was Airshow day.  Obviously we did not get to attend due to unloading the moving truck, but we looked forward to being able to go to one while we live here.  I kind of thought it would turn out to be 4 or 5 people from Rexburg who own planes, flying them around for all to see. I was wrong.

We decided to take the littles  and go see what it was all about.  It was four hours of fun performances, including the Jelly Belly plane that does silly stunts and lands on top of a truck. It also took off, flew super high and the turned off its engines and slowly and ever so gracefully glided down to the ground, landing with the engines still off.  Very cool! One nice thing about a small town airshow is we were sitting right by the runway. I got some fun pictures.  It was a very fun way to spend a Saturday!
 
 
 
 
 



No comments: