Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back To School...for one of my kids....

So the first day of school is a bittersweet day for me, and probably is for every mother. It is exciting to get the kids back to school, more time to get done all the things that need doing, but it is sad in a way too. I took Annalina today(Adrienne and Jake will start tomorrow and Joseph in two weeks) and I watched her excitement at seeing all her friends she missed over the summer. Annalina is getting so big, it is hard for me to grasp at times how grown up she is getting. She is so tall and has such a beautiful smile. On this first day of school, and possibly every future first day of school, I find myself wondering, have I done everything I can to prepare Annalina to be successful in school? When I see the second grade click(sad they start so young) and the way they ignore her saying hi, I wonder if her feelings are hurt, or if she realizes at such a tender young age, that not everyone has the ability to be kind and loving to everyone else! I am just glad she is such a compassionate girl and that friendliness helps her make friends with almost everyone she meets. Her teacher is Mrs Gurske and her best buddy Magdalena is in her class as well as Gavin, Laef, Sam and Lizzy and a few others from last year. I think it will be a good year!

2 comments:

Jill said...

You have good kids Amy. It is hard letting them grow up and experience some of the not so nice things about life. I guess it's something all of us Mommies go through. We should have a support group! I've been a little sad lately realizing that Jeremy is a Junior this year so I only have this year and next with him then he's off to college, a mission, and whatever else. I feel so dumb because it's almost two years, but it's only two years.

Amy said...

JILL!!! I have been thinking the exact same thing lately! And don't feel dumb about it at all! I was thinking how fast Joseph's life has gone by so far, and he is four. In just a mere four more years Jake will be ready for a mission! And for some reason with boys it is even more difficult because once they go off, they are men and ready to take care of themselves! I hope the Lord will give us the strength we need when that time comes!