Sunday, May 31, 2009

A Pretty Good Year

I realized after I posted my last blog entry that I have now been blogging for an entire year! How fun it has been to write about and post pictures from my life to share with family and friends! Looking back, a whole LOT has changed in just 12 months. Some for the good, some not. But it is great to be able to focus on all the wonderful things we have been blessed with!

Adrienne is working toward getting an internship with Intel this summer. If she gets the position she would like to have she could work all summer and part time through the school year loading software onto computers and configuring systems. She has an intense interest in computers and is hoping to learn more about them and eventually get a degree in programming. I hope she is able to get the job, it would be a great way to spend the summer!

Richard continues working especially hard at Tektronix, though now for less pay...again. The IT department has had two pay cuts in the past few months, which has been a huge adjustment for us since losing my income. Now they are implementing furloughs, which means forced time off without pay, in addition to company wide shutdowns where employees are forced to use their vacation time up. His first unpaid week is just a couple of weeks away and we weren't given much time to prepare for it. We have been very blessed to make it through these tough times thus far, but it seems as soon as we adjust to less and start to get comfortable, even more is taken away. It is sparking some creativity however. I have returned to my old ways of coupon shopping and in the last month or so have been able to store up a lot of food, which will help during the lean times(yes, we have a year's supply of Mac & Cheese, Capris Suns and the makin's for Smore's, what else could we need?). Adversity is not fun, but I do know it is necessary in making us better people. I think of all the changes that Richard and I have made in our lives in the last year and it is amazing that while it is a struggle, we are becoming stronger people and a stronger family!

3 comments:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

You are so good. You are my coupon mentor. Hang in there, and bring me over a caprisun-oh wait no, my kids would kill me for it. :o)

Jacki said...

Sorry about all the stuff at Tek! It just isn't ending!!
how's school going?

lindaharper said...

Amy, you've made a lot of changes and have been blessed and will continue to be! That's one reason we are trying to be more into gardening, etc. and am doing cannning that I thought I was over after the boys moved out! Doors will open for you!