Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Grinch That Stole Sunday....

We all slept in, well it was a big day yesterday. My bladder does not allow sleeping in like the rest of my body craves, so I crawled out of bed at 5 minutes to 8 and stopped at the window on the way. A quick peek and I felt somewhat deflated by the browns and greens greeting my eyes. Bummer, no snow! Why do they always do this to us? All the hype of snow and winter storm warnings and then nada! I crawled back into bed as the two little ones came prancing in, ready for the day! We finally got them both in bed between us to warm their frozen little toes(why can't I get them to wear socks in the house?). After a half hour of tickling, giggling(the kids, not us) and groaning(us, not the kids) Richard opened the blinds and what do you know....SNOW!!

And it was already sticking. Really cool and oh so pretty! The streets are covered, the rooftops are white as snow, the snow is falling down, up and sideways, at times it almost seems to hang in the air motionless, all Matrix-like! Now the big question looming in all our minds, will they cancel church today, I mean we don't go until 1:30 this afternoon and it could snow a whole lot more before then. I love church, I truly do, but a snow day is fun no matter the day and I find it to be a bonding experience to have everyone stuck in the house together with nowhere to go. So what is my problem then??

I can't seem to stop yelling. The kids are just bickering, its nothing major, yet I cannot control my urge to yell at them. "Joseph, that is Annalina's doggie house, not yours, give it back to her now, or you are going to take a nap!" "I asked you both to pick up balloons, so stop fighting over who has more" "Joseph, stop running into the Christmas Tree, you are going to knock it over!" Richard is sitting in his office shaking his head, and I think its more about MY behavior than the kids. I mean, they are kids. I am the MOM, I am supposed to show some self control and kindly correct my children in a loving and positive manner. Richard even turned on some lovely Christmas music, probably hoping to tame the wild beast(s). Remember my thoughts above about being stuck in the house together and the whole bonding thing? That will only happen if I can pull it together and stop ranting. I feel much better now, thanks for listening!

1 comment:

1000 Miles in 2021 said...

Wooo Hooo! Church was cancelled for us-snow days are a blast. We had the same thing- Nathan got up before 8 and it was not snowing yet, and we watched it start coming down. Lovely.

Sorry you are yelling. Make some cookies and hot cocoa and plan a walk. That should help. If it doesn't, turn on a Christmassy movie for the kids and you go crawl back in bed with a good book. :o)

I had a crazy dream about you and your family. Call me later and I will tell you about it. I love you!